Today is Wednesday, April 25, the 116th day of the year and Red Hat Society Day.
Wednesday: Scattered showers, mainly after 11 a.m. Cloudy, with a high near 53. West wind between 9 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 38. West wind between 6 and 9 mph becoming calm. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
Events & Reminders
- A Women's Guide to Money Matters, a seminar from , is being held today at 5:30 p.m. in . .
- Brookfield ACTS is hosting a community forum tonight at 7 p.m. at (WMS): Ways to Thrive and Survive These Turbulent Times. and .
- The Board of Education (BOE) has a regular meeting tonight in the (BHS) media center at 7 p.m.
- The is sponsoring "This Old House That Old House" at the at 7:30 p.m. Town Historian Laura Mancuso will discuss Brookfield's historic homes. .
Today in History
- 1846: Open conflict begins over the disputed border of Texas, triggering the Mexican-American War.
- 1847: The last survivors of the Donner Party escape the wilderness.
- 1898: The U.S. declares war on Spain, beginning the Spanish-American War.
- 1939: DC Comics publishes its second major superhero in Detective Comics #27. The character, Batman, becomes one of the most popular comic book superheroes of all time.
- 2011: At least 300 people are killed in the deadliest tornado outbreak in the southern U.S. since the 1974 Super Outbreak.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.