This Week's Schedule
- Boys Soccer beat Masuk, 2-1
- Girls Soccer lost at Masuk, 1-4
- Volleyball lost to New Fairfield at home, 3-1
- Boys Soccer won away at Oxford, 2-1
- Field Hockey at Newtown, 7 p.m.
- Field Hockey at home against Lauralton Hall, 4 p.m.
- Volleyball at Bethel, 5 p.m.
- Cross Country will be at the SWC Championship at Bethel High School at 4 p.m.
- Boys Soccer tied at Weston, 1-1
- Girls Soccer lost to Weston at home, 0-1; Goal — Weston: Morgan Moubayed; Assist — Weston: Jourdan Ferguson; Shots — Brookfield: 15, Weston: 3
- Football away at Bunnell, 7 p.m.
- Girls Swimming at home against Pomperaug and Oxford, 6:45 p.m. (Senior Night)
- Volleyball at home against Stratford, 5 p.m.
- Boys Soccer at Stratford, 3 p.m.
Boys Cross Country — 7-1
Field Hockey — 0-3-1, 22nd in Class M (22nd last week)
Football — 3-2, 6th in SWC (6th last week)
Girls Swimming — 6-3
Soccer — Boys: 7-2-5, 10th in Class L (11th last week); Girls: 6-4-4, 15th in Class L (8th last week)
Volleyball — 6-6, 22nd in Class M (19th last week)
Big Plays of the Week:
The Brookfield girls swim team defeated Masuk at an away meet on Friday, October 14, 95-62 swimming exhibition in the last two events. 200 Medley relay team of Anna Brown, Sam Palicz, Anna Fernandez and Katie Dixon took first with the second relay team finishing third to secure 10 points to start the meet. Sophomore Steph Ferrarie swam to first place with junior Jackie Letizia and senior Shea Westlake touching in third and fourth in the 200 Freestyle.
Brookfield swept the 200 IM event, with Brown, Jelaska and Fernandez finishing first, second and third respectively, bringing Brookfield to a dominate 34-12 lead. Palicz, Dixon and Marilyn Duong took first, third and fourth in the 50 Free bringing Brookfield to an impressive 28 point lead as they headed into the diving event.
Masuk dove two divers taking first and second, bringing their score to 27.
Brookfield dove back into the water as Sam Palicz finished first in the 100 Fly and Brookfield took third as well.
The girls swam to second, third and fourth place finishes in the 100 Free style. Ferrarie placed first in the 500 Freestyle, with Lappin coming in second and Westlake finshing fourth. Brookfield led going into the 200 freestyle relay event by 30 points. The girls finished first in the relay then went on to take first, second and fourth (Brown, Lappin, Dembowski) in the 100 Back, securing the win and going on to swim exhibition in the 100 Breast and 400 Freestyle Relay.
Submitted by parent Amy Ferrarie
Send in your nominations for Big Plays of the Week.
The daily BHS Box Scores is also here for you to add your photos and videos (instructions here). If you have updates for our scores, standings or schedules, please contact Local Editor Aaron Boyd at Aaron@Patch.com.