It's June and that means it is kitten season. The Danbury Animal Welfare Society has many kittens in foster care that need homes. You can come see us and our available kittens in front of Build-A-Bear in the Danbury Fair Mall on Saturday June 25th from 11am-4pm with kittens galore all in need of a forever home.
However, the momma cats need homes too. Kittens eventually turn into adult cats sooner than you think and many of them are passed over for their younger counterparts. So if you are looking for a feline friend please consider our lovable adults.
Here are five reason to consider adopting an adult cat:
- What you see is what you get. There personalities are developed so you know what kind of cat you are getting from the beginning.
- They are generally litter box trained so no accidents!
- They wont go through the krazy kitty faze! aka hanging from curtains and racing around the house.
- If you already have a cat in your home and are looking for a friend for them another adult cat may be the best choice. Kittens can often be too playful and disruptive which may upset your cat instead of providing companionship.
- They will appreciate your love and providing them a home more than you can ever know.
One of those must see adult cats is Holstein — a 1 yr old male. He has beautiful markings — just like a cow! He's also very loving, cuddly and incredibly patient with children and other cats and their sometimes crazy antics.
You can check out all our cats on our website: http://www.daws.org/cats
Or come in to the shelter at 147 Grassy Plain Street, Bethel to see them in person!
Mon-Fri 4-6 and Sat & Sun 2-4
AND for the month of June, to celebrate "National Adopt a Shelter Cat Month" all cat adoption fees will be half priced
Kittens <4 months $75 (regularly $125)
Cats >4 months , are $50 (regularly $100).
P.S. when June Adopt a Shelter Cat Month is over I promise to tell you more about our pups in need of a home! In the meantime take a peek at all the dogs we have to offer HERE.