CLOSED on July 4 for Independence Day:
- Banks have the option of remaining open in Connecticut, but hardly any do.
- Financial markets, such as the New York Stock Exchange
- Post offices
- Public schools that are otherwise still open this summer
- and agencies, including the .
- State offices, including the state Department of Motor Vehicles, which will reopen at 9 a.m. Thursday. (PDF file for state holidays.)
- U.S. government offices.
OPEN on July 4:
- Restaurants, generally
- Grocery stores, generally
- Other businesses: open at the owner’s discretion.
What's DIFFERENT on July 4:
- HART bus transit LOOP routes and SweetHART are running on Sunday schedule; no other routes are running.
- Metro North service: A "Sunday schedule will operate. To accommodate people going to the fireworks there will be three extra inbound trains and four extra outbound trains after the fireworks."