In our first installment of Patch Picks we roundup the top five places to watch the Super Bowl this Sunday:
- 189 Sports Café on Federal Road will be having a Super Bowl buffet and a 50-50 box pool for the big event. $100 buys two tickets (all you can eat and drink) and two boxes in the pool. $45 buys admittance, food and drink without joining in the pool. The party starts with kickoff at 6:30 p.m.
- Al’s Cookout on Candlewood Lake Road will have their regular gameday specials, with $1 hotdogs, $2 burgers, 35-cent wings and pitchers specials starting at 5:30 p.m.
- O’Connor’s Public House will be showing the game and offering their usual Sunday specials: $10 for 12 wings and pitcher of Miller Lite.
- Just south of the border in Danbury, Window Brown's will be offering free food at halftime, $2.75 Coors Light, $2.50 pints of Miller Lite, Bud and Bud Light and $7 pitchers of the same. No cover at the door; festivities start around 5 p.m.
- And just north in New Milford, 1st and 10 Sports Bar & Grill is throwing a Super Bowl bash, with 16 plasma TVs and two projection screens, $1,500 in free raffle prizes — including a Super Bowl chair, Danbury Whalers tickets and gift certificates to Candlewood Day Spa. The party starts at 4 p.m.; Reservations are encouraged, especially for parties.