Today is Thursday, September 6, the 250th day of the year.
Thursday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3 p.m. Patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 81. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
Thursday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
Events & Reminders
- Scout Troop 135 (boys 11-18) has its weekly meeting at tonight at 7 p.m. .
- The Historic District Commission is meeting at 7 p.m. in room 129 of .
- The Planning Commission is meeting in room 133 of Town Hall at 7:30 p.m.
Today in History
- 1492: Christopher Columbus sails from La Gomera in the Canary Islands, his final port of call before crossing the Atlantic for the first time.
- 1522: The Victoria, the only surviving ship of Ferdinand Magellan's expedition, returns to Sanlúcar de Barrameda in Spain, becoming the first ship to circumnavigate the world.
- 1901: Anarchist Leon Czolgosz shoots and fatally wounds President William McKinley at the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, NY.
- 1946: Secretary of State James F. Byrnes announces that with regard to postwar Germany, the U.S. will from thereon follow a policy of economic reconstruction.
- 1995: Cal Ripkin, Jr. of the Baltimore Orioles plays in his 2,131st consecutive game, breaking a record that stood for 56 years.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.