Today is Friday, September 21, the 265th day of the year and World Peace Day.
Lady Bobcats Swimming & Diving Start 3-0
Sold: Home Sells for $1.795 Million
Tag Sales: Two in Brookfield and More in the Area
Friday: Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 73.
Friday Night: Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 52.
Events & Reminders
- Bobcats Football has its home opener against Bunnell tonight at 7 p.m. in the stadium at Brookfield High School. Follow this link for more.
- Brookfield is hosting its first Farmfest Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Gurski Homestead on Obtuse Hill Road. Check out the Conservation Commission blog for more details.
Today in History
- 1780: Benedict Arnold gives the British the plans to West Point.
- 1823: Joseph Smith is reportedly visited by the angel Moroni, who told him the location of gold plates, which Smith obtained four years later and partially translated into The Book of Mormon.
- 1937: J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit is published.
- 1981: Sandra Day O'Connor is unanimously approved by the U.S. Senate as the first female Supreme Court justice.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.