Today is Monday, September 17, the 262nd day of the year and World Water Monitoring Day.
Parties Argree to Sit Down to Avoid Arbitration
Patch In: The Meaning of Rosh Hashanah
Back to School Contest: Vote for Brookfield Photos
Tuesday: Showers and thunderstorms likely before 8 a.m., then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m., then showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. South wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent.
Tuesday Night: Showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 5 a.m. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. Low around 62. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent.
Events & Reminders
- The Facilities Planning Committee has a meeting at 5 p.m. in room 209 of Town Hall.
- The Municipal Building Committee is meeting in room 133 of Town Hall at 7 p.m.
- The Economic Development Commission is meeting at 7 p.m. in room 209.
Today in History
- 1502: Christopher Columbus lands at Costa Rica on his fourth and final voyage.
- 1793: The first cornerstone of the Capitol building is laid by George Washington.
- 1851: First publication of The New-York Daily Times, which later becomes The New York Times.
- 1927: The Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) goes on the air.
- 1947: The National Security Council and the Central Intelligence Agency are established by the National Security Act.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.