Today is Wednesday, September 12, the 256th day of the year.
Wednesday: Patchy fog before 8 a.m. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 80.
Wednesday Night: Patchy fog after 3 a.m. Otherwise, clear, with a low around 50. South wind 3 to 6 mph.
Events & Reminders
- The Board of Finance has its regular monthly meeting tonight at 7 p.m. in the media center.
- The Water Pollution Control Authority is meeting at 7 p.m. in room 133 of .
- The Candlewood Lake Authority is meeting in room 135 of Town Hall at 7:30 p.m.
Today in History
- 1940: Cave paintings are discovered in Lascaux, France.
- 1958: Jack Kilby demonstrates the first integrated circuit.
- 1983: A Wells Fargo depot in West Hartford is robbed of approximately $7 million by Los Macheteros.
- 2003: The United Nations lifts sanctions against Libya after that country agreed to accept responsibility for the 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 and recompense the families of victims.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.