It's Tuesday, October 4, the 277th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Tuesday: Scattered showers. Cloudy, with a high near 63. Calm wind becoming north between 7 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent. New rainfall amounts between a 10th and quarter of an inch possible.
Tuesday Night: A chance of showers, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 47. North wind between 3 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
Events & Reminders
- The Brookfield School District will be holding two forums today on the full-day kindergarten proposal for parents of incoming students for the 2012-13 school year. The forums will be at the in Town Hall at 9 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Today in History
- 1535: First complete English translation of the Bible is printed.
- 1582: Pope Gregory XIII establishes the Gregorian Calendar we use today.
- 1842: Mexico adopts a new constitution and becomes a republic.
- 1965: Pope Paul VI arrives in New York, becoming the first pope to visit the Western Hemisphere and the United States.
- 2004: SpaceShipOne wins Ansari X Prize for private space flight by being the first private craft to reach space.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.