Today is Wednesday, October 3, the 277th day of the year.
BHS Soccer: Boys Remain Unbeaten, Girls Win 4 Straight
Conversation: How Should Settlement Be Spent
Wednesday: Periods of rain or drizzle before noon, then a chance of showers, mainly between noon and 1 p.m. Areas of fog before 10 a.m. High near 77. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent.
Wednesday Night: A chance of showers, mainly after 11 p.m. Areas of fog after midnight. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
Events & Reminders
- Sophia Natural Health Center is holding a free Ladies Health Night Out starting at 6 p.m., with organic wine and tea tastings and more. Click here for more about the event.
- The Conservation Commission is meeting at 7 p.m. in room 119 of Town Hall.
- The Police Commission is meeting in room 133 of Town Hall at 7 p.m.
Today in History
- 1789: George Washington makes the first Thanksgiving Day designated by the U.S. government.
- 1863: The last Thursday in November is declared Thanksgiving Day by President Abraham Lincoln.
- 1951: The "Shot Heard 'Round the World," one of the greatest moments in Major League Baseball history, occurs when the New York Giants' Bobby Thomson hits a game winning home run in the bottom of the ninth inning off Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher Ralph Branca to win the National League pennant after being down 14 games.
- 1964: The first Buffalo wings are made at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY.
- 1995: O. J. Simpson is acquitted of the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.