Today is Thursday, October 25, the 299th day of the year.
Brookfield Sports Recognized for Overall Achievement
Elections: Word Clouding the Senate Race
Urban Archeologist: A Historic Find?
Thursday: A slight chance of drizzle before 1 p.m. Patchy fog before 10 a.m. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 63.
Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
Events & Reminders
- The new Savers store on Federal Road in Brookfield is holding a Halloween Costume Catwalk at 3 p.m. Find out more at the event listing.
- The Zoning Commission is meeting in Town Hall room 133 at 7 p.m.
Today in History
- 1940: Benjamin O. Davis, Sr. is named the first African American general in the U.S. Army.
- 1945: The Republic of China takes over administration of Taiwan following Japan's surrender to the Allies.
- 1962: Adlai Stevenson shows photos at the UN proving Soviet missiles are installed in Cuba.
- 1971: The UN seats the People's Republic of China and expels the Republic of China.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.