Today is Tuesday, October 23, the 297th day of the year and Mole Day.
Charter Forum: Discussion of Town Manager Proposal
Last Debate: Who Won Last Night's Presidential Debate
Patch Back: Last Debate Means Last Chance
Tuesday: A chance of showers, mainly after 11 .am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent.
Tuesday Night: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 47. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent.
Events & Reminders
- The Brookfield Substance Abuse Coalition is hosting a seminar on current alcohol and drug trends among teens at 6:30 p.m. at Whisconier Middle School. Click here for details.
- The Brookfield Open Space Legacy has a meeting in Town Hall room 129 tonight at 7 p.m.
Today in History
- 1861: President Abraham Lincoln suspends the writ of habeas corpus in Washington, D.C. for all military-related cases.
- 1929: The first North American transcontinental air service begins between New York City and Los Angeles.
- 1946: The United Nations General Assembly convenes for the first time, at an auditorium in Flushing, Queens, New York.
- 1958: The Smurfs, a fictional race of blue dwarves later popularized in a Hanna-Barbera animated cartoon series, appear for the first time in the story La flute à six schtroumpfs, a Johan and Peewit adventure by Peyo that is serialized in the weekly comics magazine Spirou.
- 2001: Apple announces the iPod.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.