Today is Monday, October 22, the 296th day of the year and International Stuttering Awareness Day.
Paving Project: Road Work Wraps Up
Soccer: Girls Win on Senior Night, Boys Lose Streak
Charter Revision Forum Tonight at BHS
Monday: Sunny, with a high near 64. Light northwest wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph.
Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 43.
Events & Reminders
- The Housatonic Valley Rotary Club is meeting at Mario's Pasta Garden at 6 p.m. Click here for details.
- A forum is being held tonight in the Brookfield High School auditorium on the proposed Charter Revisions. See the link above for more information.
Today in History
- 1844: The Great Anticipation: Millerites, followers of William Miller, anticipate the end of the world in conjunction with the Second Advent of Christ. The following day became known as the Great Disappointment.
- 1879: Using a filament of carbonized thread, Thomas Edison tests the first practical electric incandescent light bulb, which lasts 13 and a half hours before burning out.
- 1924: Toastmasters International is founded.
- 1976: Red Dye No. 4 is banned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration after it is discovered that it causes tumors in the bladders of dogs. The dye is still used in Canada.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.