Today is Friday, October 19, the 293rd day of the year.
Sold: Brookfield Property Transfer Records
Brookfield Coach Makes Naugatuck Hall of Fame
James Patterson Wants Your Kids to Read
Friday: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 67. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent.
Friday Night: Showers likely, mainly before 8 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
Events & Reminders
- Friday night's football game has been moved due to weather from tonight to Saturday at 7 p.m. at BHS Stadium. This week the team is playing for Brookfield and the American Cancer Society. Follow this link for more or check out the Boosters' blog.
- Brookfield Republicans are holding the Grand Opening of their headquarters on Federal Road on Saturday with visits from Andrew Roraback and Linda McMahon. Click here for details and times.
- The Newcomers and Neighbors Club are holding a wine tasting Saturday at 7:30 p.m., exploring Rieslings from around the world. See the event listing for more information.
Today in History
- 1789: Chief Justice John Jay is sworn in as the first Chief Justice of the United States.
- 1973: President Richard Nixon rejects an Appeals Court decision that he turn over the Watergate tapes.
- 1987: The Dow Jones Industrial Average falls by 22 percent, 508 points, in what becomes known as Black Monday.
- 2005: Saddam Hussein goes on trial in Baghdad for crimes against humanity.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.