Today is Monday, October 15, the 289th day of the year and White Cane Safety Day.
Two Local Dancers Star in Harvest Festival Gala
Conversation: Theft of Political Signs
Traffic Troubles Expected During Lama's Visit
Monday: A chance of showers before 1 p.m., then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 1 p.m. and 2pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2 p.m. Cloudy, with a high near 70. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
Monday Night: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 10 p.m., then a chance of showers. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 48. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.
Events & Reminders
- The Inland Wetlands Commission is meeting in room 133 of Town Hall at 7 p.m.
Today in History
- 1878: The Edison Electric Light Company begins operation.
- 1917: At Vincennes outside of Paris, Dutch dancer Mata Hari is executed by firing squad for spying for the German Empire.
- 1951: The first episode of I Love Lucy airs on CBS.
- 1966: Black Panther Party is created by Huey P. Newton and Bobby Seale.
- 2008: The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed down 733.08 points, or 7.87 percent, the second worst day in the Dow's history based on percentage drop.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.