Today is Thursday, October 11, the 285th day of the year and General Pulaski Memorial Day.
Local Man Accused of Sexual Assault of a Minor
Urban Archeologist: Greg Gets Deep on a Dig
Live Blog: Vice Presidential Debate
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 58. West wind 9 to 11 mph.
Thursday Night: Increasing clouds, with a low around 38. Southwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
Events & Reminders
- Boy Scout Troop 135 has their weekly meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church. Click here for details.
- The Zoning Commission has a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in room 133 of Town Hall.
Today in History
- 1811: Inventor John Stevens' boat, the Juliana, begins operation as the first steam-powered ferry, between New York City and Hoboken, NJ.
- 1890: In Washington, D.C., the Daughters of the American Revolution is founded.
- 1968: NASA launches Apollo 7, the first successful manned Apollo mission, with astronauts Wally Schirra, Donn F. Eisele and Walter Cunningham aboard.
- 1975: The NBC sketch comedy/variety show Saturday Night Live debuts with George Carlin as the host and Andy Kaufman, Janis Ian and Billy Preston as guests.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.