Today is Wednesday, October 10, the 284th day of the year, World Day Against the Death Penalty and World Mental Health Day.
Brookfield Father to Replace Son on November Ballot
Mailbag: Voting Against Charter Revisions
Patch In: Mom Talk About Violent Video Games
Wednesday: A chance of drizzle before 9 a.m., then a slight chance of showers after 9 a.m. Cloudy, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
Wednesday Night: A slight chance of showers before 9 p.m. Partly cloudy, with a low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
Events & Reminders
- The Brookfield Chamber of Commerce is hosting a Brown Bag Lunch today at 12 p.m. in Town Hall, featuring social media marketing expert Robert Clark. Follow this link for more information.
- Brookfield Girl Scouts will be presenting their Gold Award projects in room 135 of Town Hall tonight at 7 p.m. Click here for more.
- The Board of Finance has its monthly meeting in the Brookfield High School media center at 7 p.m.
- The Candlewood Lake Authority is meeting in Town Hall room 133 at 7:30 p.m.
Today in History
- 1845: In Annapolis, MD, the Naval School (later renamed the U.S. Naval Academy) opens with 50 midshipmen students and seven professors.
- 1911: The Wuchang Uprising leads to the demise of Qing Dynasty, the last imperial court in China, and the founding of the Republic of China.
- 1957: President Dwight D. Eisenhower apologizes to the finance minister of Ghana, Komia Agbeli Gbdemah, after he is refused service in a Dover, DE restaurant.
- 1967: The Outer Space Treaty, signed on January 27 by more than 60 nations, comes into force.
- 1973: Vice President Spiro Agnew resigns after being charged with federal income tax evasion.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.