Today is Monday, October 1, the 275th day of the year and World Vegetarian Day.
Database: Brookfield's Presidential Campaign Contributions
Paving Project: Week of October 1
Campaign Notebook: Courting Elderly Voters
Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 70. West wind 6 to 14 mph.
Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. Calm wind.
Events & Reminders
- The Zoning Board of Appeals is meeting at 7 p.m. in room 133 of Town Hall.
- The Board of Selectmen has its monthly meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the Brookfield High School media center.
Today in History
- 331 BC: Alexander the Great defeats Darius III of Persia in the Battle of Gaugamela.
- 1880: First electric lamp factory is opened by Thomas Edison.
- 1903: The Boston Americans play the Pittsburgh Pirates in the first game of the modern World Series.
- 1908: Ford puts the Model T car on the market at a price of $825.
- 1971: Walt Disney World opens near Orlando, FL.
- 1982: Sony launches the first consumer compact disc (CD) player.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.