It's Monday, November 7, the 311th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Monday: Sunny, with a high near 58. Calm wind becoming west between 5 and 8 mph.
Monday Night: Patchy fog after 3 a.m. Otherwise, clear, with a low around 34. Calm wind.
Events & Reminders
- The emergency shelter at will close this morning, but the , , and will be available to all residents.
- If you are still out of power, contact CL&P to report the outage, as crews are finishing up restoration efforts.
- The Career Center at the will be holding a starting at 1 p.m. and a at 5 p.m.
Today in History
- 1665: The London Gazette, the oldest surviving journal, is first published.
- 1874: A cartoon by Thomas Nast in Harper's Weekly is considered the first important use of an elephant as a symbol for the U.S. Republican Party.
- 1916: Jeannette Rankin is the first woman elected to the U.S. Congress.
- 1944: Franklin D. Roosevelt elected for a record fourth term as President.
- 2000: Controversial U.S. Presidential Election that is later resolved in the Bush v. Gore Supreme Court Case.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.