Today is Wednesday, May 9, the 130th day of the year.
Wednesday: Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 11 a.m. Cloudy, with a high near 71. Southwest wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
Wednesday Night: A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 9 p.m. Cloudy, with a low around 54. South wind around 7 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent.
Events & Reminders
- The charrette on the future of Four Corners continues today at the , with an open house from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and a roundtable discussion with the Steering Committee from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- The Board of Finance (BOF) has a regular meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. in the (BHS) media center.
Today in History
- 1671: Thomas Blood, disguised as a clergyman, attempts to steal England's Crown Jewels from the Tower of London.
- 1950: Robert Schuman presents his proposal on the creation of an organized Europe, which according to him was indispensable to the maintenance of peaceful relations. This proposal, known as the "Schuman declaration," is considered by some to be the beginning of what is now the European Union.
- 1974: The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee opens formal and public impeachment hearings against President Richard Nixon.
- 1980: In Florida, Liberian freighter MV Summit Venture collides with the Sunshine Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay, making a 1,400-foot section of the southbound span collapse. Thirty-five people in six cars and a Greyhound bus fall 150 feet into the water and die.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.