Today is Wednesday, May 30, the 151st day of the year.
Wednesday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before noon, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3 p.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 81. Calm wind becoming west around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
Wednesday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent.
Events & Reminders
- There is a class on "Opening Inner Psychic Abilities" today in room 129 of starting at 6:30 p.m.
Today in History
- 1806: Future President Andrew Jackson kills Charles Dickinson in a duel after Dickinson had accused Jackson's wife of bigamy.
- 1868: Decoration Day, the predecessor of the modern Memorial Day, is observed in the U.S. for the first time.
- 1911: At the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the first Indianapolis 500 ends with Ray Harroun in his Marmon Wasp becoming the first winner of the 500-mile auto race.
- 1922: In Washington, D.C. the Lincoln Memorial is dedicated.
- 1961: Longtime Dominican dictator Rafael Trujillo is assassinated in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.