Today is Wednesday, May 23, the 144th day of the year and World Turtle Day.
Wednesday: A chance of showers between 9 a.m. and noon, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Areas of fog before noon. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
Wednesday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
Events & Reminders
- The Coalition for Suicide Awareness has a meeting tonight at 7 p.m. in room 129 of .
- The Water Pollution Control Authority (WPCA) has a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Town Hall room 133.
Today in History
- 1846: President Mariano Paredes of Mexico unofficially declares war on the U.S.
- 1911: The New York Public Library is dedicated.
- 1934: Bank robbers Bonnie and Clyde are ambushed by police and killed in Black Lake, LA.
- 1934: The Auto-Lite Strike culminates in the "Battle of Toledo," a five-day melee between 1,300 troops of the Ohio National Guard and 6,000 picketers.
- 1995: The first version of the Java programming language is released.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.