Today is Monday, May 21, the 142nd day of the year and World Day for Cultural Diversity and Dialog and Development.
Monday: Showers likely, mainly after 11 a.m. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 66. East wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
Monday Night: Showers likely, mainly before 10 p.m. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 59. East wind between 3 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
Events & Reminders
- The is holding a class on making Snack Cake Sushi as part of their Teen Program today at 4 p.m. .
- The Housatonic Valley Rotary Club has its monthly meeting tonight at 6 p.m. at . Dinner starts at 6:30 p.m., with a presentation to follow. .
Today in History
- 1861: The American Red Cross is established by Clara Barton in Washington, D.C.
- 1927: Charles Lindbergh touches down at Le Bourget Field in Paris, completing the world's first solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean.
- 1932: Bad weather forces Amelia Earhart to land in a pasture in Derry, Northern Ireland, becoming the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.
- 1979: White Nights riots in San Francisco following the manslaughter conviction of Dan White for the assassinations of George Moscone and Harvey Milk.
- 2005: The tallest roller coaster in the world, Kingda Ka opens at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson Township, NJ.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.