Today is Thursday, May 17, the 138th day of the year and World Information Society Day.
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 70. North wind between 7 and 10 mph.
Thursday Night: Clear, with a low around 40. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Events & Reminders
- The Housatonic Valley Council of Elected Officials (HVCEO) has a regular meeting today at 12:30 p.m. at .
- The Zoning Commission has a meeting at 7 p.m. in room 133 of Town Hall.
- The Planning Commission is meeting in Town Hall at 7:30 p.m. in room 135.
Today in History
- 1792: The New York Stock Exchange is formed.
- 1939: The Columbia Lions and the Princeton Tigers play in the first televised sporting event in the U.S., a collegiate baseball game in New York City.
- 1954: The U.S. Supreme Court hands down a unanimous decision in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas.
- 1990: The General Assembly of the World Health Organization (WHO) eliminates homosexuality from the list of psychiatric diseases.
- 2004: Massachusetts becomes the first U.S. state to legalize same-sex marriage.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.