Today is Tuesday, May 15, the 136th day of the year and Peace Officers Memorial Day. Don't forget to vote.
Tuesday: Scattered showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 10 a.m. Patchy fog before 8am. High near 67. South wind between 6 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent.
Tuesday Night: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 58. South wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.
Events & Reminders
- The first vote on the 2012-13 budget is today from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. .
- A new committee is being formed to create a dog park in Brookfield. .
Today in History
- 1618: Johannes Kepler confirms his previously rejected discovery of the third law of planetary motion.
- 1648: The Treaty of Westphalia is signed.
- 1869: In New York, Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton form the National Woman Suffrage Association.
- 1928: Mickey Mouse premiered in his first cartoon, Plane Crazy.
- 1940: McDonald's opens its first restaurant in San Bernadino, CA.
- 1972: In Laurel, MD, Arthur Bremer shoots and paralyzes Alabama Gov. George Wallace while he is campaigning for president.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.