Today is Friday, March 30, the 90th day of the year and National Doctors' Day.
Later Today: Winner of
Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. Northwest wind between 8 and 10 mph.
Friday Night: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Southeast wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent.
Events & Reminders
- The (HHES) PTO is hosting Family Fun Bingo Night tonight at 6:30 p.m. in the upper gym at HHES. .
- Friday at 8 p.m. is opening night of the 2012 Brookfield Film Festival "Shorts and to the Point" at (TBTA). A second and third screening will be held on Saturday at 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. .
- The 13th Annual Flashlight Egg Hunt starts at 8 p.m. sharp at . .
- The 16th Annual Egg Hunt will be on Saturday at 12 p.m. at Town Hall. Participants will be split up into four age groups. .
- Learn the basic steps of East Coast Swing at "An Evening of Swing Dance" at Saturday at 7 p.m. .
Today in History
- 1867: Alaska is purchased from Russia for $7.2 million, about 2 cents/acre, by U.S. Secretary of State William Seward.
- 1949: A riot breaks out in Austurvöllur square in Reykjavík when Iceland joins NATO.
- 1972: The Easter Offensive begins after North Vietnamese forces cross into the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) of South Vietnam.
- 1981: President Ronald Reagan is shot in the chest outside a Washington, D.C., hotel by John Hinckley, Jr.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.