Today is Friday, March 23, the 83rd day of the year and World Meteorological Day.
Later Today: Winner of Readers' Choice Best Dry Cleaners
Friday: A chance of sprinkles after noon. Increasing clouds, with a high near 68. Calm wind becoming northeast between 7 and 10 mph.
Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. Calm wind.
Events & Reminders
- The annual Bunny Breakfast is Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m. at (BHS). .
- is celebrating one year in business with an open house Girls' Night Out: Club Night. .
- The Moving Targets, a rock cover band, is playing at Saturday night from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. Check out Michael Targets' post on our Facebook page.
Today in History
- 1775: Patrick Henry delivers his speech — "Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" — at St. John's Church in Richmond, VA.
- 1806: After traveling through the Louisiana Purchase and reaching the Pacific Ocean, explorers Lewis and Clark and their "Corps of Discovery" begin their arduous journey home.
- 1857: Elisha Otis's first elevator is installed at 488 Broadway, New York City.
- 1933: The Reichstag passes the Enabling Act of 1933, making Adolf Hitler dictator of Germany.
- 1956: Pakistan becomes the first Islamic republic in the world. (Republic Day in Pakistan)
- 1989: Stanley Pons and Martin Fleischmann announces their discovery of cold fusion at the University of Utah. Their experiment was never successfully demonstrated in public.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.