Today is Friday, March 2, the 62nd day of the year.
Later Today: Results — Best Pizza in Brookfield
Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 38. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south.
Friday Night: Rain likely, then rain and possibly a thunderstorm after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Low around 35. Southeast wind between 8 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent.
Events & Reminders
- Rumble @ The Room continues tomorrow night at 6 p.m. at the in Brookfield. .
Today in History
- 1807: The U.S. Congress passes the Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves, disallowing the importation of new slaves into the country.
- 1825: Roberto Cofresi, one of the last successful Caribbean pirates, is defeated in combat and captured by authorities.
- 1877: Just two days before inauguration, the U.S. Congress declares Rutherford B. Hayes the winner of the election even though Samuel J. Tilden had won the popular vote on November 7, 1876.
- 1949: The first automatic street light is installed in New Milford, CT.
- 1962: Wilt Chamberlain sets the single-game scoring record in the NBA by scoring 100 points.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.