Today is Monday, March 19, the 79th day of the year.
Monday: A slight chance of showers after noon. Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 71. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
Monday Night: A slight chance of showers. Patchy fog after 3 a.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. Southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
Events & Reminders
- The High School Renovation Review Committee is meeting at 5 p.m. in .
- The Housatonic Valley Rotary Club has their monthly meeitng tonight at 6 p.m. at . .
- Open basketball tonight in the (BHS) gym starting at 7:30 p.m. Price is $5 at the door or $60 for a season pass. .
Today in History
- 1918: The U.S. Congress establishes time zones and approves daylight saving time.
- 1931: Gambling is legalized in Nevada.
- 1941: The 99th Pursuit Squadron also known as the Tuskegee Airmen, the first all-black unit of the Army Air Corp, is activated.
- 2003: President George W. Bush orders the start of war against Iraq.
- 2008: A cosmic burst, GRB 080319B, the farthest object visible to the naked eye, is briefly observed.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.