Today is Wednesday, March 14, the 74th day of the year and Pi Day (3.14).
Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 63. Northwest wind between 3 and 11 mph.
Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 35. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm.
Events & Reminders
- The Board of Selectmen (BOS) has a special meeting in at 11 a.m.
- The Board of Finance (BOF) has its monthly meeting tonight at 7 p.m. in the Brookfield High School (BHS) media center.
Today in History
- 1794: Eli Whitney is granted a patent for the cotton gin.
- 1900: The Gold Standard Act is ratified, placing U.S. currency on the gold standard.
- 1903: The Hay-Herran Treaty, granting the U.S. the right to build the Panama Canal, is ratified by the U.S. Senate. The Colombian Senate would later reject the treaty.
- 1964: A jury in Dallas, TX finds Jack Ruby guilty of killing Lee Harvey Oswald, assumed assassin of John F. Kennedy.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.