Today is Tuesday, March 13, the 73rd day of the year.
Tuesday: A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2 p.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 67. Southwest wind between 3 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
Tuesday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8 p.m., then a slight chance of showers between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. West wind between 3 and 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
Events & Reminders
- The Housatonic Valley Paddle Club has its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. in .
- The Board of Finance (BOF) has a special meeting on the 2012-13 budget tonight at 7 p.m. in Town Hall.
Today in History
- 1933: Banks in the U.S. begin to reopen after President Franklin D. Roosevelt mandates a "bank holiday."
- 1991: The Department of Justice announces that Exxon has agreed to pay $1 billion for the clean-up of the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska.
- 1997: The Phoenix lights are seen over Phoenix, AZ by hundreds of people and by millions on television.
- 2008: Gold prices on the New York Mercantile Exchange hit $1,000 per ounce for the first time.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.