Today is Wednesday, June 27, the 179th day of the year and National HIV Testing Day.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. West wind between 7 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 57. Northwest wind between 4 and 7 mph becoming calm.
Events & Reminders
- The is holding a class at 4 p.m. for designing your own glowing jewelry as part of their Teen Program. .
- The Water Pollution Control Authority has a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in room 133 of .
Today in History
- 1898: The first solo circumnavigation of the globe is completed by Joshua Slocum from Briar Island, Nova Scotia.
- 1950: The U.S. decides to send troops to fight in the Korean War.
- 1954: The world's first nuclear power station opens in Obninsk, near Moscow.
- 1971: After only three years in business, rock promoter Bill Graham closes the Fillmore East in New York, the "Church of Rock and Roll."
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.