Today is Tuesday, July 17, the 199th day of the year and World Day for International Justice.
He Said, She Said:
Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 94. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. West wind 3 to 6 mph.
Events & Reminders
- is celebrating their grand opening tonight at 5:30 p.m. .
- Owls will be visiting today at 7 p.m. .
- The Four Corners Steering Committee is meeting at 7 p.m. in room 209.
Today in History
- 1918: On the orders of the Bolshevik Party carried out by Cheka, Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and his immediate and retainers are murdered at teh Ipatiev House in Ekaterinburg, Russia.
- 1918: The RMS Carpathia, the ship that rescued the 705 survivors from the RMS Titanic, is sunk off Ireland by the German SM U-55; five lives are lost.
- 1945: The leaders of the three Allied nations, Winston Churchill, Harry S. Truman and Joseph Stalin, meet in the German city of Potsdam to decide the future of a defeated Germany.
- 1996: Off the coast of Long Island, Paris-bound TWA Flight 800 explodes, killing all 230 on board.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.