Today is Tuesday, January 31, the 31st day of the year.
Tuesday: A slight chance of snow and sleet before 9 a.m. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 51. West wind between 3 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Southwest wind around 5 mph.
Events & Reminders
- Instructor Rita Marie Bryant is teaching a course on communicating with your pets today at 6:30 p.m. in . .
- Residents are asked to attend a town meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at (BHS) to vote on a $485,000. .
Today in History
- 1865: The U.S. Congress passes the Thirteenth Amendment, abolishing slavery, and submits it to the states for ratification.
- 1876: The U.S. orders all Native Americans to move into reservations.
- 1930: 3M begins marketing Scotch Tape.
- 1950: President Harry S. Truman announces a program to develop the hydrogen bomb.
- 1968: Viet Cong attack the U.S. embassy in Saigon, along with other attacks, in the early morning hours, later grouped together as the Tet Offensive.
- 1990: The first McDonald's in the Soviet Union opens in Moscow.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.