Today is Wednesday, August 22, the 235th day of the year.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 83. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Wednesday Night: Patchy fog after 1 a.m. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 54. Light and variable wind.
Events & Reminders
- The MOMS Club of Brookfield is holding an Open House at 10:30 a.m. at the Kids Kingdom II playground at . .
- The Coalition for Suicide Awareness is meeting at 7 p.m. in room 129 of Town Hall.
- The WPCA is also meeting at 7 p.m. tonight in room 133 of Town Hall.
- The Parks and Rec Commission has a meeting at 7:30 p.m. in Town Hall room 119.
Today in History
- 565: St. Columba reports seeing a monster in Loch Ness, Scotland.
- 1851: The first America's Cup is won by the yacht America.
- 1864: Twelve nations sign the First Geneva Convention and the Red Cross is formed.
- 1989: Nolan Ryan strikes out Rickey Henderson to become the first Major League Baseball pitcher to record 5,000 strikeouts.
- 1996: Bill Clinton signs welfare reform into law, representing a major shift in U.S. welfare policy.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.