Today is Friday, April 6, the 97th day of the year and New Beer's Eve.
Later Today: Winner of
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 57. North wind between 8 and 16 mph.
Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. North wind between 6 and 9 mph becoming calm.
Events & Reminders
- offices are closed today for Good Friday.
- is holding a Good Friday Lenten Fish Fry today at 5 p.m. at the school on Obtuse Rocks Road. Eat-in or take-out. .
- The annual is Saturday at 4 p.m. at Danbury Ice Arena. Proceeds go to the CT Burn Center.
Today in History
- 1385: The poet Petrarch first sees his idealized love, Laura, in the church of Saint Clare in Avignon.
- 1808: John Jacob Astor incorporates the American Fur Company, that would eventually make him America's first millionaire.
- 1896: In Athens, the opening of the first modern Olympic Games is celebrated, 1,500 years after the original games are banned by Roman Emperor Theodosius I.
- 1917: The U.S. declares war on Germany.
- 1973: The American League of Major League Baseball begins using the designated hitter.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.