A penny for your thoughts. Real money for good ones.
Announcing: The Brookfield Grants-for-Learning Challenge!
Great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, anytime. We want one from you. Whether it’s as simple as hatching ducklings in the classroom or as comprehensive as the Hand-in-Hand literacy initiative where community members are trained to work with struggling readers, any idea that promotes learning within our community will be considered. The Brookfield Education Foundation has money in the bank; we want to fund your idea. And, in addition to funding your grant, we want to reward your innovation!
All grants submitted to the Brookfield Education Foundation between 2/6/2013 and 9/02/2013 will be eligible to win the first year’s award! Winners will be determined by the residents of the Town of Brookfield and will be announced at our Annual Gala in early November.
Here’s how it works:
If you have an idea that will provide an opportunity for learning, we want to help you see it through to fruition! If your project is innovative, enhances education, is a start-up program, is for Brookfield residents of any age, and has a champion, it is likely to qualify for a grant.
- Apply for a grant following our normal grant application process. The application and examples of effective applications can be found on our website: www.brookfieldeducationfoundation.org
- All mini-grants and major grants that are approved between 2/6/2013 and 9/02/2013 by the Board of Directors of the Brookfield Education Foundation will be automatically entered into the contest, and be eligible for community voting.
- Since the winner will be announced at the Annual Gala, one complimentary Gala ticket per approved grant will be awarded.
- Community voting will begin on 9/16/2013 and will run through 10/15/2013. Brookfield Town Residents and Grant Champions will be permitted to vote once per day, every day, for the duration of the contest. Limit one (1) voter registration per person/email address.
- Voting will take place online via a contest website and the Brookfield Education Foundation’s Facebook page. If community voting leads to a tie, the winner will be determined by an official vote of the Board of Directors of the Brookfield Education Foundation.
- The Brookfield Grants-For-Learning Challenge Winners will be announced and honored at the Gala, and will have their name engraved on a commemorative plaque which will be displayed at Town Hall, visible to all!
We look forward to hearing from you! And, as always, we’re here to help!
The Brookfield Education Foundation