In the wake of the horror that took place in Sandy Hook, here is a common sense compromise on Gun Control that we can all agree on and support
1. All citizens who wish to purchase a firearm have to have a background check.
2. All citizens who have a firearm, or wish to purchase a firearm, must register with the government.
3. Juveniles under 18 years can not buy a firearm or ammuntion.
4. Guns shall be classified for "Sporting Purposes"
5. Certain kinds of firearms may not be owned by private citizens.
6. Certain types of ammuntion may not be bought or owned by private citizens.
As a parent, I feel that these are a reasonable compromise that we could all live with (each side gives a little). I would like to get a conversation going. If you disagree, please give your reasons. Please keep the personal attacks to a minimum. Thank you.